File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Kramer, Kelly, Ramirez, Reznik, Shank, and Smigiel
Criminal Procedure - State Commission on Criminal Sentencing Policy -
Reconsideration of Sentence
Requiring a judge or the judge's designee, within 30 days after ruling
on a motion to revise, modify, or reduce the sentence imposed on a
defendant for a crime of violence, to complete a Maryland sentencing
guidelines worksheet reflecting the ruling, and to submit a copy of
the completed worksheet to the State Commission on Criminal Sentencing
Policy; and requiring the Administrative Office of the Courts to adopt
regulations to implement the Act on or before January 1, 2010.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judiciary
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (137-0)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 4/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Delegate Benjamin F. Kramer, District 19
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Victor R. Ramirez, District 47
- Delegate Kirill Reznik, District 39
- Delegate Christopher B. Shank, District 2B
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Administrative Office of the Courts
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Rules and Regulations
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 24, 2009: Third Reading Passed (137-0)