File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 134/08 - JUD
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 110
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Kelly, Dumais, and Kramer
Vehicle Laws - Transporting Pets in Trucks or Trailers
Prohibiting a person from transporting pets in or on a truck or
trailer on a highway unless the truck or trailer is enclosed on the
sides and the top in a manner that safely prevents the pet from
falling, jumping, or otherwise exiting the truck or trailer or unless
the pet is confined by a device designed to safely prevent the pet
from falling, jumping, or otherwise exiting the truck or trailer;
providing that a violation of the Act is not a moving violation for
specified purposes; defining "pet"; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary Withdrawn
- No Action
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Benjamin F. Kramer, District 19
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Animals -see also- Birds; Turtles
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):