File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 675
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Krebs, Bates, Boteler, Dwyer, George, Haddaway, Howard, Miller,
Riley, Schuh, Sossi, Stifler, and Stocksdale
Maryland Death Taxes - Family Property Protection Act
Repealing a limit on the unified credit used for determining the
Maryland estate tax; repealing a requirement that the Maryland estate
tax be determined without regard to a specified deduction allowed
under the federal estate tax; and applying the Act to decedents dying
after December 31, 2008.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Susan W. Krebs, District 9B
- Delegate Gail H. Bates, District 9A
- Delegate Joseph C. Boteler, III, District 8
- Delegate Don H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
- Delegate Ron George, District 30
- Delegate Jeannie Haddaway, District 37B
- Delegate Carolyn J. B. Howard, District 24
- Delegate Warren E. Miller, District 9A
- Delegate B. Daniel Riley, District 34A
- Delegate Steven R. Schuh, District 31
- Delegate Richard A. Sossi, District 36
- Delegate Donna Stifler, District 35A
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Estates and Trusts
- Federal Government
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Tax Credits -see also- Circuit Breaker
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):