File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Tattooing, Branding, and Body Piercing - Parental Consent
Prohibiting the tattooing, branding, or body piercing of a minor
without the consent of the minor's parent or legal guardian executed
in a specified manner; providing that an individual who violates the
Act is subject to civil penalties; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 1/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Special Order 2/19 (Delegate Shank) Adopted
- Floor Amendment (Delegate Bates)
- Motion vote previous question (Delegate Vaughn) Adopted (101-39)
- Special Order 2/20 (Delegate O'Donnell) Adopted
- Floor Amendment (Delegate O'Donnell) Withdrawn
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (136-0)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/31 at 1:00 p.m.
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Tattoos and Body Piercing
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 243123/01 Offered on: February 24, 2009 at:
8:33 p.m. Status: Withdrawn
- Number: 252216/01 Offered on: February 17, 2009 at:
1:05 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Number: 873327/03 Offered on: February 19, 2009 at:
10:26 a.m. Status: Special Ordered
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 19, 2009: Motion vote previous question (Vaughn) Adopted (101-39)
- February 19, 2009: Decision of the Chair Upheld (103-35)
- February 24, 2009: Third Reading Passed (136-0)