File Code: Vehicle Laws - Drunk Driving
- Sponsored By:
Senators Mooney and Muse
Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Impaired by a Controlled
Dangerous Substance - First Offense - Minimum Sentence
Establishing a minimum penalty of 2 days imprisonment for a first
violation of driving while under the influence of alcohol or driving
while impaired by a controlled dangerous substance; requiring that the
minimum penalty of imprisonment imposed under the Act include
confinement on a Saturday and a Sunday; prohibiting a court from
imposing a penalty less than the minimum penalty; and prohibiting a
court from suspending any part of the minimum penalty.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator C. Anthony Muse, District 26
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Drunk and Drugged Driving
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):