File Code: Primary and Secondary Education
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 436/08 - EHE
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1223
- Sponsored By:
Senators Pugh and McFadden
Education - Public High Schools and Public High School Students - Revisions and
Requiring the State Department of Education to develop a data
collection system for students who graduate from high school in 3
years, 4 years, or 5 years; requiring the State Board of Education to
report the reasons students opt to take the GED; requiring county
boards of education to partner with community colleges in order to
offer a 50% discount on tuition to students who take college courses
while still in high school; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- No Action
- Senator Catherine E. Pugh, District 40
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Community Colleges
- Computers -see also- Electronic Commerce; Electronic Govmnt.
- Education, Boards of
- Education, Department of
- Education -see also- Driver Ed; Higher Ed; Special Ed; etc
- Education, State Board of
- Electronic Government
- Higher Education -see also- Comm Colleges; Med Schools; etc.
- Higher Education Commission
- Local Government Mandates
- Public Schools
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Telecommunications -see also- Telephones
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):