File Code: State Government - Regulations and Procedures
Prior Year Introduction As:
SB 845/08 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Maryland False Claims Act
Prohibiting specified actions constituting false claims against the
State; providing specified penalties for making false claims against
the State; requiring the Attorney General to investigate specified
violations; authorizing a person other than the State to file a civil
action on behalf of the State against a person who makes a false claim
against the State; providing for the procedures to be followed in a
civil action; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Administrative Agencies -see also- Electronic Government
- Attorney General
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Fraud -see also- Forgery
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Liability -see also- Good Samaritan
- Statutes of Limitation
- Work, Labor and Employment -see also- Col Barg; Holiday; etc
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Government
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):