File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 144/08 - JUD
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 202
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Appeals - District Court - Stay of Sentence and Release
Requiring, in a criminal appeal from a final judgment in District
Court, that the District Court stay service of a sentence of
imprisonment and release a defendant under specified circumstances;
authorizing the District Court to impose conditions for release of the
defendant or deny release of the defendant pending appeal in
accordance with the Maryland Rules; requiring the District Court to
state reasons in writing or on the record for denying release; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Appeals -see also- Judicial Review
- Circuit Courts
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- District Courts
- Pretrial Detention or Release
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):