File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Colburn, Haines, Mooney, and Simonaire
Crimes - Commission of Vehicular Manslaughter While Driver's License or
Privilege Is Suspended or Revoked - Mandatory Minimum Sentence
Prohibiting a person from committing manslaughter by vehicle or vessel
while in violation of provisions related to driving while the license
or privilege is suspended or revoked; establishing a penalty,
including a mandatory minimum penalty; providing that a person
convicted of a specified felony is not eligible for parole for a
specified period of time; providing that the Act may not be construed
to prohibit a specified assessment of points; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Boats and Ships
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Drivers` Licenses
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Parole and Probation
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Traffic Regulations
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):