File Code: Elections
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 391
- Sponsored By:
Voter's Rights Protection Act of 2009
Altering the circumstances under which an individual may be offered
the opportunity to cast a provisional ballot; requiring the State
Board of Elections to ensure that the program of instruction for
election judges incorporates a thorough and detailed treatment of
specified information; prohibiting a vacancy in polling place staff
from delaying the opening of the polling place; authorizing a court to
impose a civil penalty or issue an injunction only after making
specified findings; prohibiting specified conduct; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Attorney General
- Circuit Courts
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Elections -see also- Ballots; Camp Financ; Pol Cands; Voting
- Elections Supervisors
- Elections, State Board of
- Electronic Government
- Equipment -see also- Motor Vehicle Equipment
- Political Candidates
- Political Committees
- Publications -see also- Maryland Register
- Public Information
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Telecommunications -see also- Telephones
- Voting -see also- Ballots; Elections
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Election Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):