File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Norman, McDonough, Boteler, Dwyer, Eckardt, George, Jennings,
Krebs, McComas, Schuh, Smigiel, Sossi, and Stocksdale
Criminal Procedure - Court Costs - Payment for Foreign Language Interpreter
Changing the definition of "costs" in a criminal case to include a
specified amount for services and expenses paid to a foreign language
interpreter appointed by a court for a defendant; and authorizing a
court to charge a defendant who is found guilty of a crime and who was
appointed a foreign language interpreter during the prosecution of the
case with specified costs of providing the interpreter.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate H. Wayne Norman, District 35A
- Delegate Joseph C. Boteler, III, District 8
- Delegate Don H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
- Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt, District 37B
- Delegate Ron George, District 30
- Delegate J. B. Jennings, District 7
- Delegate Susan W. Krebs, District 9B
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
- Delegate Steven R. Schuh, District 31
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
- Delegate Richard A. Sossi, District 36
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Court Costs
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):