File Code: Economic and Community Development
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 679
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Rosenberg, Oaks, Carter, Conaway, Robinson, and Tarrant
Maryland Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority - Payment in Lieu
of Tax Agreement
Prohibiting the Maryland Health and Higher Educational Facilities
Authority from providing specified assistance to a participating
institution for a project on undeveloped property unless the
participating institution demonstrates that it is negotiating in good
faith a payment in lieu of tax agreement with the local jurisdiction
where the project is located; authorizing specified payment in lieu of
tax agreements; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Appropriations
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Unfavorable Report by Appropriations Withdrawn
- No Action
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 41
- Delegate Jill P. Carter, District 41
- Delegate Frank M. Conaway, Jr., District 40
- Delegate Nathaniel T. Oaks, District 41
- Delegate Barbara Robinson, District 40
- Delegate Shawn Z. Tarrant, District 40
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Bonds -see also- County & Baltimore City Bonds; State Bonds.
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- Health -see also- Mental Health
- Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority
- Higher Education -see also- Comm Colleges; Med Schools; etc.
- Real Property
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Economic Development
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):