File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Crimes - Prohibition of Sale of Kits, Pipes, Cigarette Rolling Papers, and
Cigar Leaf Wrappers - County Ordinances
Authorizing the legislative body of a county to adopt an ordinance
that prohibits a person from selling, subject to an exception, cocaine
freebase kits, glass or ceramic tubes of a specified size that are
sold with or without a screen-like device, cigarette rolling papers,
and cigar leaf wrappers; providing that a commercial wholesale or
retail establishment may sell cigarette rolling papers and cigar leaf
wrappers under specified circumstances; and authorizing a county to
impose criminal and civil penalties.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Commerce and Business -see also- Dealers; Elec. Comm.; etc
- Controlled Dangerous Substances -see also- Substance Abuse
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Equipment -see also- Motor Vehicle Equipment
- Laws and Ordinances -see also- Pub Local Laws; Uniform Laws.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):