File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 551
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Barnes, Frush, Pena-Melnyk, and Ross
Public Institutions of Higher Education - Firearms, Knives, and Deadly Weapons
Prohibiting the carrying or possession of firearms, knives, and deadly
weapons on the property of public institutions of higher education;
providing for exceptions to this prohibition for law enforcement
officers, a person hired for the purpose of protecting the
institution's property, a person engaged in shooting activity for
educational purposes, and a person who has a written invitation from
the president of the institution to engage in a historical
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Ben Barnes, District 21
- Delegate Barbara Frush, District 21
- Delegate Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk, District 21
- Delegate Justin D. Ross, District 22
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Public Buildings and Facilities -see also- Stadiums; St Hse.
- State Universities and Colleges
- Weapons -see also- Guns
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):