File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Shewell, Beidle, Hecht, Heller, Niemann, Riley, Robinson, F.
Turner, Valderrama, and Walkup
Vehicle Laws - Bicycles and Motor Scooters - Protective Headgear
Prohibiting a person from operating or riding as a passenger on a
motor scooter unless the person is wearing protective headgear;
expanding the requirement that bicycle operators or passengers wear
certain protective headgear to apply to all persons; and clarifying
that the defined term "bicycle" includes a moped.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 2/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Tanya T. Shewell, District 5A
- Delegate Pamela Beidle, District 32
- Delegate Sue Hecht, District 3A
- Delegate Henry B. Heller, District 19
- Delegate Doyle L. Niemann, District 47
- Delegate B. Daniel Riley, District 34A
- Delegate Barbara Robinson, District 40
- Delegate Frank S. Turner, District 13
- Delegate Kriselda Valderrama, District 26
- Delegate Mary Roe Walkup, District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Equipment -see also- Motor Vehicle Equipment
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):