File Code: State Government - Procurement
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 502
- Sponsored By:
State Procurement - Employment of Unauthorized Aliens and the Federal E-Verify
Requiring employers under State procurement contracts or other grants
to verify employees' employment eligibility using the federal E-Verify
program; prohibiting employers under State procurement contracts or
grants from intentionally or knowingly hiring unauthorized aliens
under procurement contracts or grants; defining terms; authorizing the
filing of a complaint with law enforcement officials; requiring
investigations and suspensions of licenses; providing that a person
who knowingly files a false complaint is guilty of a misdemeanor; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Attorney General
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Contractors -see also- Heating & Cooling; Home Improvement
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Electronic Government
- Federal Government
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Licenses -see also- Alcoholic Bev Lic; Drivers` Licenses
- Local Government Mandates
- Public Information
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Work, Labor and Employment -see also- Col Barg; Holiday; etc
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Finance and Procurement
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):