File Code: Insurance - Other than Health
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 1369/08 - ECM
- Sponsored By:
Vehicle Laws - Uninsured Motorists - Waiver of Right to Noneconomic Damages
Establishing that an individual driving a motor vehicle that is not
covered by insurance is considered to have waived the right to recover
noneconomic loss damages under specified circumstances; exempting
specified individuals from the waiver under specified circumstances;
creating a rebuttable presumption that an individual knows or has
reason to know that the motor vehicle is not covered by insurance
under specified circumstances; defining "noneconomic damages"; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Insurance -see also- MD Auto Insurance Fund
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):