File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As:
HB 667/08 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Simmons, Bronrott, Conway, DeBoy, Dumais, Eckardt, Montgomery,
Riley, Rudolph, and Smigiel
Criminal Law - Manslaughter by Vehicle or Vessel - Criminal Negligence
Making it a misdemeanor for a person to cause the death of another as
a result of the person's driving, operating, or controlling a vehicle
or vessel in a criminally negligent manner; establishing the
circumstances under which a person is considered to act in a
criminally negligent manner for purposes of the Act; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
- Delegate William A. Bronrott, District 16
- Delegate Norman H. Conway, District 38B
- Delegate Steven J. DeBoy, Sr., District 12A
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt, District 37B
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate B. Daniel Riley, District 34A
- Delegate David D. Rudolph, District 34B
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Boats and Ships
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Negligence -see also- Medical Malpractice
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):