File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Crimes - Elder Abuse - Increased Penalties and Restrictions on Pretrial Release
(The John H. Taylor Act)
Increasing the penalties for the crime of causing abuse or neglect of
a vulnerable adult in the first degree; prohibiting a District Court
commissioner from authorizing the pretrial release of a defendant
charged with causing abuse or neglect of a vulnerable adult in the
first degree; authorizing a judge to order the pretrial release of the
defendant on specified conditions; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Motion Rules Suspended for late introduction (Senator Gladden) Adopted
- Referred Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- District Courts
- Elderly Persons
- Pretrial Detention or Release
- Victims -see also- Criminal Injuries Compensation
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):