File Code: Business Regulation and Occupations
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 639/07
- Sponsored By:
Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors -
Criminal Background Checks
Requiring an applicant for a heating, ventilation, air-conditioning,
and refrigeration license to apply for a national and State criminal
history records check in a specified manner; requiring the Department
of Public Safety and Correctional Services to provide the Board of
Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors
with a specified criminal history record of an applicant, an update to
the criminal history records check, and a specified receipt; requiring
an applicant to pay specified fees; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Committees and Commissions -see also- Political Committees
- Contractors -see also- Heating & Cooling; Home Improvement
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Criminal Background Investigations
- Fees -see also- Devt Fees and Taxes; Reimbursement Rates
- Heating and Cooling
- Licenses -see also- Alcoholic Bev Lic; Drivers` Licenses
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Business Regulation
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):