File Code: Vehicle Laws - Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Senators Astle and Pipkin
Motor Vehicle Accident Reports - Access
Prohibiting a person, for personal gain, from accessing a specified
motor vehicle accident report for the purpose of soliciting another
person to sue or to retain a lawyer to represent the other person;
providing for a penalty; repealing provisions of law concerning access
to and disclosure of a specified motor vehicle accident report; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Returned Passed
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judiciary
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (138-0)
Action after passage in Senate and House
- Approved by the Governor
- - Chapter 457
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Senator E. J. Pipkin, District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Business Occupations and Professions
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled, Chapter
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Attorney General Letter (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 348170/01 Offered on: March 21, 2008 at:
11:21 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 22, 2008: Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- March 26, 2008: Third Reading Passed (138-0)