File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Colburn, Harris, and Munson
Criminal Procedure - Legal Residency Status - Sentencing and Parole
Authorizing a hearing examiner or commissioner determining whether an
inmate is suitable for parole, or the Maryland Parole Commission
before entering into a predetermined parole release agreement, to
consider whether the prisoner is lawfully present in the United States
under federal law; authorizing an examiner, commissioner, or the
Commission to make inquiry into whether a specified prisoner would be
legally subject to deportation from the United States while on parole;
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Andrew P. Harris, District 7
- Senator Donald F. Munson, District 2
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Federal Government
- Parole and Probation
- Prisoners -see also- Ex-Offenders
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):