File Code: Juvenile Law
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 738/07
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1332
- Sponsored By:
Senators Frosh, Brochin, Garagiola, Forehand, Jacobs, Mooney, Raskin,
Simonaire, and Stone
Criminal Procedure - Offender Registry - Minors
Establishing that a specified part of a police or court record
pertaining to a child may be accessed and used by the Department of
Public Safety and Correctional Services and offender registry
supervising authorities for specified purposes relating to the
offender registry; altering the definitions of "child sexual offender"
and "sexually violent offender" for purposes of the offender registry;
requiring that the form of petitions, pleadings, and court procedures
be specified in the Maryland Rules; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Senator Brian E. Frosh, District 16
- Senator James Brochin, District 42
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Rob Garagiola, District 15
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Jamie Raskin, District 20
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Juvenile Causes
- Juvenile Services, Department of
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Public Safety and Correctional Services, Department of
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Registration -see also- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Sexual Offenses
- State`s Attorneys
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 928170/01 Offered on: March 19, 2008 at:
10:39 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 21, 2008: Third Reading Passed (47-0)