File Code: Family Law
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 400
- Sponsored By:
Senators Kelley, Conway, Currie, Forehand, Jones, and Lenett
Child Welfare - Reports of Children at Substantial Risk of Abuse or Neglect
Requiring specified professionals to notify the local department of
social services or the appropriate law enforcement agency if the
professionals have reason to believe that a child is at substantial
risk of abuse or neglect because the child is regularly permitted to
associate with a specified individual; providing specified exceptions;
describing the information that is to be included in a specified
report; providing for the receipt and investigation of a report that a
child is at substantial risk of abuse or neglect; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Delores G. Kelley, District 10
- Senator Joan Carter Conway, District 43
- Senator Ulysses Currie, District 25
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Verna L. Jones, District 44
- Senator Mike Lenett, District 19
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Computers -see also- Electronic Commerce; Electronic Govmnt.
- Counties -see also- Chartered Counties; Code Counties
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Health Occupations -see also- specific health occupations
- Human Resources, Department of
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Liability -see also- Good Samaritan
- Medical Examiners
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Parole and Probation
- Rules and Regulations
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Sexual Offenses
- Social Services -see also- Welfare
- Social Workers
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Family Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):