File Code: Vehicle Laws - Licensing and Registration
- Sponsored By:
Delegates McConkey, Kelly, Kramer, and Smigiel
Vehicle Laws - Carrying and Displaying Proof of Required Security -
Requiring an individual who is operating a vehicle to carry in the
vehicle proof of required security for the vehicle and to display the
proof of required security on demand of a police officer; providing
that specified requirements regarding proof of required security can
be satisfied by carrying and making available a valid rental agreement
in specified circumstances; and providing that a specified penalty
applies to a failure to carry or display proof of required security.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Tony McConkey, District 33A
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Benjamin F. Kramer, District 19
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Leases and Rent
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Insurance -see also- MD Auto Insurance Fund
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):