File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Waldstreicher, Eckardt, Frick, Haynes, Kramer, Lee, Mizeur,
Montgomery, Ross, Taylor, and Walker
Texting While Driving Ban of 2008
Prohibiting the use of a wireless communication device to write, send,
or read a text message while operating a motor vehicle; establishing
specified exceptions to the prohibition; and providing that specified
use of a wireless communication device does not constitute writing,
sending, or reading a text message under the Act.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Jeff Waldstreicher, District 18
- Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt, District 37B
- Delegate C. William Frick, District 16
- Delegate Keith E. Haynes, District 44
- Delegate Benjamin F. Kramer, District 19
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Heather R. Mizeur, District 20
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate Justin D. Ross, District 22
- Delegate Herman L. Taylor, Jr., District 14
- Delegate Jay Walker, District 26
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Telecommunications -see also- Telephones
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):