File Code: Environment
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Hucker, Ali, Beidle, Cane, Carr, Frush, Glenn, Gutierrez, Healey,
Holmes, Manno, Niemann, Shewell, and Stein
Mercury Switch Removal from Vehicles
Requiring motor vehicle manufacturers to develop and submit to the
Department of the Environment a mercury minimization plan that
includes information on mercury switch removal from motor vehicles by
a specified date; establishing requirements for a mercury minimization
plan; requiring vehicle manufacturers to pay specified costs
associated with mercury switch removal; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Environmental Matters
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Special Order later today (Delegate Miller) Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (135-2)
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Delegate Tom Hucker, District 20
- Delegate Saqib Ali, District 39
- Delegate Pamela Beidle, District 32
- Delegate Rudolph C. Cane, District 37A
- Delegate Alfred C. Carr, Jr., District 18
- Delegate Barbara Frush, District 21
- Delegate Cheryl D. Glenn, District 45
- Delegate Ana Sol Gutierrez, District 18
- Delegate Anne Healey, District 22
- Delegate Marvin E. Holmes, Jr., District 23B
- Delegate Roger P. Manno, District 19
- Delegate Doyle L. Niemann, District 47
- Delegate Tanya T. Shewell, District 5A
- Delegate Dana Stein, District 11
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Environment, Department of
- Environmental Matters -see also- Conserv; Nat Resrce; Pollut
- Hazardous and Toxic Substances -see also- Asbestos; Radiatn.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Equipment
- Pollution -see also- Sediment Control
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Refuse Disposal -see also- Recycling
- Rules and Regulations
- Wreckers and Scrap Processors
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 830118/01 Offered on: March 24, 2008 at:
11:25 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 21, 2008: Third Reading Passed (135-2)