File Code: Commercial Law - Consumer Protection
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 211/07 - ECM
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Howard, Heller, Ivey, Montgomery, Pendergrass, Stocksdale, and V.
Consumer Protection - Unsolicited Transmissions to a Facsimile Device - Private
Authorizing a person that receives an electronic or telephonic
transmission made to the person's facsimile device in violation of
specified provisions of law to bring a specified action against a
person that committed the violation; and authorizing the recovery of
reasonable attorney's fees and damages in a specified amount.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Carolyn J. B. Howard, District 24
- Delegate Henry B. Heller, District 19
- Delegate Jolene Ivey, District 47
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate Shane E. Pendergrass, District 13
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
- Delegate Veronica Turner, District 26
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Consumer Protection -see also- Unfair Trade Practices
- Electronic Commerce -see also- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Facsimile Transmission
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):