File Code: Family Law
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Pendergrass, Ali, Guzzone, Montgomery, and F. Turner
Family Law - Change Term "Marriage" to "Civil Marriage"
Changing the term "marriage" to "civil marriage" in specified
provisions of law; reenacting a specified current provision of law in
order to clarify that the Act does not affect religious marriage
ceremonies; and requiring the publisher of the Annotated Code of
Maryland, in consultation with the Department of Legislative Services,
to change all references in the Code to the term "marriage" to the
term "civil marriage".
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Shane E. Pendergrass, District 13
- Delegate Saqib Ali, District 39
- Delegate Guy Guzzone, District 13
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate Frank S. Turner, District 13
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Annotated Code of Maryland
- Family Law -see also- Adoption; Annulment; Divorce; etc
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Family Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):