File Code: Public Safety
- Sponsored By:
Violent Crimes and Sexual Offenses - Diminution Credits and Mandatory Minimum
Providing that the term of confinement of an inmate committed to the
custody of the Commissioner of Correction for committing specified
violent crimes is not subject to the entitlement to diminution
credits; prohibiting the allowance of diminution credits to an inmate
sentenced to a term of confinement for committing a violent crime and
sentenced to a term of imprisonment in a local correctional facility;
increasing the mandatory minimum sentence for specified sexual
offenses against children under the age of 13 years; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
- Prisoners -see also- Ex-Offenders
- Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Sexual Offenses
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Correctional Services
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):