File Code: State Government - General Assembly
- Sponsored By:
Senators Madaleno and Raskin
General Assembly - Filling of Vacancy by Special Election
Proposing an amendment to the Maryland Constitution to provide that a
vacancy occurring in the House of Delegates or the Senate of Maryland
during a specified period of the term of office shall be filled by a
special election to coincide with the next ensuing presidential and
congressional election; establishing procedures for the special
election; and submitting this amendment to the qualified voters of the
State of Maryland for their adoption or rejection.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
- Senator Jamie Raskin, District 20
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Constitutional Amendments
- Elections -see also- Ballots; Camp Financ; Pol Cands; Voting
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - III Legislative Department
- Article - XVII Quadrennial Elections
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):