File Code: Real Property
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1344
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jones, Astle, Exum, Gladden, McFadden, Muse, and Pinsky
Real Property - Retaliatory Action by Landlords and Mobile Home Park Owners
Repealing specified provisions of law prohibiting a retaliatory
eviction of a tenant or resident by a landlord or mobile home park
owner; prohibiting a landlord or park owner from taking retaliatory
action against a tenant or resident because the tenant or resident
engaged in specified protected activities; providing for a specified
defense; authorizing a court to invalidate a landlord's or park
owner's retaliatory action; authorizing a court to enter judgment for
costs and attorney's fees under specified circumstances; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Senator Verna L. Jones, District 44
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Senator Nathaniel Exum, District 24
- Senator Lisa A. Gladden, District 41
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator C. Anthony Muse, District 26
- Senator Paul G. Pinsky, District 22
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
- Landlord and Tenant -see also- Eviction; Leases & Rent; etc.
- Leases and Rent
- Mobile Homes
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):