File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 517/07
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 255
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Astle, Brinkley, Colburn, Edwards, Greenip, Haines,
Kittleman, Kramer, Mooney, and Munson
Vehicle Laws - Emergency and Police Vehicle and Personnel Protection Act
Requiring drivers approaching emergency or police vehicles stopped,
standing, or parked on a highway and using any visual signals, except
when otherwise directed by a police officer, to vacate the lane
closest to the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances and to slow to a speed that is sufficient to ensure the
safety of police officers or emergency services personnel in the
vicinity of the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances; establishing a specified penalty; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Senator David R. Brinkley, District 4
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator George C. Edwards, District 1
- Senator Janet Greenip, District 33
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Rona E. Kramer, District 14
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Donald F. Munson, District 2
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Ambulances -see also- Emergency Med Services; Rescue Squads.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Protection
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Rescue Squads -see also- Ambulances; Emergency Medical Serv.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Traffic Regulations
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):