File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Senators Currie and McFadden
Tobacco Tax - Moist Snuff
Altering the tobacco tax rate for moist snuff; requiring that tobacco
tax revenues from moist snuff be distributed to the Cigarette
Restitution Fund for specified purposes; requiring that specified
revenues be appropriated for activities aimed at cancer research; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 2/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Budget and Taxation
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (26-18)
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 4/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Ways and Means
- Senator Ulysses Currie, District 25
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Cigarettes -see also- Smoking
- Diseases -see also- AIDS; Rabies
- Medical Research
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees &Taxes; specific tax
- Rules and Regulations
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Finance and Procurement
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 939430/02 Offered on: March 20, 2008 at:
6:06 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 22, 2008: Third Reading Passed (26-18)