File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Procedure - Dismissal of Criminal Proceeding - Failure to Provide
Prohibiting a court from dismissing a criminal proceeding based on a
violation of the right to a speedy trial unless the court holds a
hearing; and requiring the court to make detailed written findings
before dismissing the case when the court is unable to provide a
qualified interpreter for a defendant who cannot readily understand or
communicate the English language.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans`; etc.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):