File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Alcoholic Beverage Tax - Rates
Increasing the State tax rates for alcoholic beverages in Maryland
from $1.50 to $4.50 per gallon for distilled spirits, from 40 cents to
$1.20 per gallon for wine, and from 9 cents to 54 cents per gallon for
beer; expressing the State tax rates for alcoholic beverages
alternatively as 89.1843 cents for each 0.75-liter container of
distilled spirits, 23.7825 cents for each 0.75-liter container of
wine, and 5.0625 cents for each 12-ounce container of beer; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 2/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Alcoholic Beverages -see also- AB-By Subd; Substance Abuse
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees &Taxes; specific tax
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):