File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 878/07
- Sponsored By:
Senators Brochin and Stone
Criminal Law - Lawful Interception of Communications - Additional Crimes
Adding the commission of assault in the first degree and the attempt
to commit specified offenses to the offenses for which it is lawful
under specified circumstances for an investigative or law enforcement
officer or another person acting at the prior direction and under the
supervision of an investigative or law enforcement officer to
intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication in order to
provide evidence of the commission of the offense.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 1/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator James Brochin, District 42
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 648575/01 Offered on: March 10, 2008 at:
8:50 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 12, 2008: Third Reading Passed (45-0)