File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 160/07
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 528
- Sponsored By:
Senators Mooney, Haines, Jacobs, Kittleman, McFadden, Munson, Simonaire,
Hate Crimes - Prohibitions and Protected Classes - Homeless Persons and Groups
Expanding the scope of prohibitions against committing specified
crimes against specified persons, damaging property of specified
persons, and damaging specified buildings to include specified
homeless persons or groups; defining "homeless"; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/30 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (40-4)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator Donald F. Munson, District 2
- Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, District 31
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Indigent Persons
- Victims -see also- Criminal Injuries Compensation
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 21, 2008: Third Reading Passed (40-4)