File Code: Higher Education
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 166/07
- Sponsored By:
Senators Klausmeier, Colburn, Greenip, and Jacobs
Public Institutions of Higher Education - Textbook Fairness Act
Requiring the governing board of a public institution of higher
education to notify students of the textbooks assigned for specified
courses on the website of the institution at a specified time;
requiring that the notification contain specified information; and
prohibiting an employee of a public institution of higher education
from receiving specified benefits in exchange for requiring students
to purchase specified textbooks.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 1/30 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Katherine Klausmeier, District 8
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Janet Greenip, District 33
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Electronic Government
- State Employees
- State Universities and Colleges
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):