File Code: Insurance - Other than Health
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Kipke, Burns, George, Krebs, Love, McComas, McDonough, Schuh,
Shewell, Stocksdale, and Wood
Vehicle Laws - Uninsured Motorists - Waiver of Right to Noneconomic Damages
Establishing that an individual driving a motor vehicle that is not
covered by insurance is considered to have waived the right to recover
noneconomic loss damages under specified circumstances; exempting
specified individuals from the waiver under specified circumstances;
creating a rebuttable presumption that an individual knows or has
reason to know that the motor vehicle is not covered by insurance
under specified circumstances; defining a specified term; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Re-assigned Economic Matters
- Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Referred to interim study by Economic Matters
- No Action
- Delegate Nicholaus R. Kipke, District 31
- Delegate Emmett C. Burns, Jr., District 10
- Delegate Ron George, District 30
- Delegate Susan W. Krebs, District 9B
- Delegate Mary Ann E. Love, District 32
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
- Delegate Steven R. Schuh, District 31
- Delegate Tanya T. Shewell, District 5A
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5A
- Delegate John F. Wood, Jr., District 29A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Civil Actions -see also- Small Claims
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Insurance -see also- MD Auto Insurance Fund
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):