File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Shank, Dumais, McKee, Myers, and Weldon
Increasing the maximum penalty for first degree child abuse resulting
in death of the victim to life imprisonment; and increasing the
maximum penalty for a subsequent conviction of child abuse resulting
in death of the victim to life imprisonment.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Christopher B. Shank, District 2B
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Robert A. McKee, District 2A
- Delegate LeRoy E. Myers, Jr., District 1C
- Delegate Richard B. Weldon, Jr., District 3B
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Minors -see also- Age of Majority; Youth
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):