File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Costa, Dwyer, Elliott, George, King, Kipke, Krebs, and Schuh
Criminal Procedure - Bail Bonds - Mike's Law
Prohibiting a bail bondsman or an agent of a bail bondsman from
offering or providing bail bonds to a defendant for less than a
specified percentage of the penalty amount of the bond to be posted or
on a payment plan in which at least a specified percentage of the
penalty amount of the bond to be posted is not received by the bail
bondsman from the defendant prior to the bond being posted; providing
penalties for a violation of the Act; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/13 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Robert A. Costa, District 33B
- Delegate Don H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
- Delegate Donald B. Elliott, District 4B
- Delegate Ron George, District 30
- Delegate James J. King, District 33A
- Delegate Nicholaus R. Kipke, District 31
- Delegate Susan W. Krebs, District 9B
- Delegate Steven R. Schuh, District 31
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Bonds -see also- County & Baltimore City Bonds; State Bonds.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):