File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 132/97 - CGM
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Kelly, Dumais, McComas, Shank, and Smigiel
Vehicle Laws - Transporting Pets in Trucks or Trailers
Prohibiting a person from transporting pets in or on a truck or
trailer on a highway unless the truck or trailer is enclosed on the
sides and the top in a manner that safely prevents the pet from
falling, jumping, or otherwise exiting the truck or trailer or unless
the pet is confined by a device designed to safely prevent the pet
from falling, jumping, or otherwise exiting the truck or trailer;
providing that a violation of the Act is not considered a moving
violation for specified purposes; defining "pet"; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 2/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Re-assigned Judiciary
- Hearing 2/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (127-7)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Christopher B. Shank, District 2B
- Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., District 36
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Animals -see also- Birds; Turtles
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 512818/01 Offered on: March 22, 2008 at:
11:55 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 20, 2008: Third Reading Passed (127-7)