File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 655/06 - JUD
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1271
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Procedure - Prostitution and Pandering - Seizure and Forfeiture
Authorizing a State or local law enforcement agency, on process issued
by a court of competent jurisdiction, to seize property used or
intended for use in connection with a violation of specified
prostitution laws; establishing that specified property is contraband
and presumed to be forfeitable; placing the burden of rebutting the
presumption on the property claimant; authorizing the seizure of
property with or without a warrant in specified circumstances; etc.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans'; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Search and Seizure
- Sexual Offenses
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):