File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 671
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Haines, Hogan, Kittleman, and Stone
Vehicle Laws - Emergency and Police Vehicle and Personnel Protection Act
Requiring drivers approaching emergency or police vehicles stopped,
standing, or parked on a highway and using any visual signals, except
when otherwise directed by a police officer, to vacate the lane
closest to the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances and to slow to a speed that is sufficient to ensure the
safety of police officers or emergency services personnel in the
vicinity of the emergency or police vehicle under specified
circumstances; establishing a specified penalty; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Patrick J. Hogan, District 39
- Senator Allan H. Kittleman, District 9
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Ambulances -see also- Emergency Med Services; Rescue Squads.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- Traffic Regulations
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):