File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 550/06 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Simmons, Bronrott, Dumais, James, Malone, and Riley
Criminal Law - Manslaughter by Vehicle or Vessel - Criminal Negligence
Making it a misdemeanor for a person to cause the death of another as
a result of the person's driving, operating, or controlling a vehicle
or vessel in a criminally negligent manner; establishing the
circumstances under which a person is considered to act in a
criminally negligent manner for purposes of the Act; establishing that
it is not an offense under the Act for a person to cause the death of
another as a result of the person's driving, operating, or controlling
a vehicle or vessel in a negligent manner; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
- Delegate William A. Bronrott, District 16
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Mary-Dulany James, District 34A
- Delegate James E. Malone, Jr., District 12A
- Delegate B. Daniel Riley, District 34A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Boats and Ships
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Negligence -see also- Medical Malpractice
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):