File Code: Courts and Court Personnel - Statewide
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 914
- Sponsored By:
Orphans' Court Judge - Degree of Juris Doctor or Its Equivalent
Proposing an amendment to the Maryland Constitution to require an
individual to possess a degree of Juris Doctor, or its equivalent, to
be eligible to be a judge of an orphans' court; providing for an
exception; providing for the expiration of a specified exception; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/31 at 2:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Constitutional Amendments
- Higher Education -see also- Comm Colleges; Med Schools; etc.
- Orphans' Court
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - IV Judiciary Department
- Article - XVIII Provisions of Limited Duration
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):