File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 967
- Sponsored By:
Senators Green, DeGrange, Dyson, Greenip, Hooper, Jacobs,
Jimeno, Jones, Middleton, Mooney, and Stone
Stay of Enforcement of Final Appellate Decisions - Maryland
Constitution and Declaration of Rights - State Statutes
Authorizing the Court of Appeals or the Court of Special Appeals to
stay enforcement, for a specified period, of its final appellate
decisions that hold a State statute violates the Maryland Constitution
or Declaration of Rights under specified circumstances; providing for
the application of the Act; and making the Act an emergency measure.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Leo E. Green, District 23
- Senator James E. DeGrange, Sr., District 32
- Senator Roy P. Dyson, District 29
- Senator Janet Greenip, District 33
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Senator Verna L. Jones, District 44
- Senator Thomas M. Middleton, District 28
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
- COURT OF APPEALS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- COURT OF SPECIAL APPEALS
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY -see also- AELR CMTE; LEG POLICY COMMITTEE.
- LAWS AND ORDINANCES -see also- PUB LOCAL LAWS; UNIFORM LAWS.
- LEGISLATION - see also- CORRECTIVE LEGISLATION; CURATIV LEG.
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):