File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 550
- Sponsored By:
Garagiola, Giannetti, Green, Haines, Jacobs, Jimeno, and Stone
Criminal Law - Manslaughter by Vehicle or Vessel - Criminal
Making it a misdemeanor for a person to cause the death of another as
a result of the person's driving, operating, or controlling a vehicle
or vessel in a criminally negligent manner; establishing the
circumstances under which a person is considered to act in a
criminally negligent manner for purposes of the Act; establishing that
it is not an offense under the Act for a person to cause the death of
another as a result of the person's driving, operating, or controlling
a vehicle or vessel in a negligent manner; etc.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Rob Garagiola, District 15
- Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr., District 21
- Senator Leo E. Green, District 23
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BOATS AND SHIPS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- NEGLIGENCE -see also- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in WordPerfect 8 Format):
- Number: 168876/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 27, 2006 at:
3:56 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 25, 2006: Third Reading Passed (46-0)