File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
- Sponsored By:
Senators Ruben, Conway, Forehand, Grosfeld, Jones, and
Alcoholic Beverage Tax - Special Fund for Geographic Cost of Education
Increasing the State tax rates for alcoholic beverages in Maryland
from $1.50 to $4.50 per gallon for distilled spirits, from 40 cents to
$1.20 per gallon for wine, and from 9 cents to 27 cents per gallon for
beer; requiring the Comptroller to distribute a specified portion of
the alcoholic beverage tax revenues to a special fund to be used only
for funding the Geographic Cost of Education Index adjustment; etc.
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Ida G. Ruben, District 20
- Senator Joan Carter Conway, District 43
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Sharon M. Grosfeld, District 18
- Senator Verna L. Jones, District 44
- Senator Leonard H. Teitelbaum, District 19
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES -see also- AB-BY SUBD; SUBSTANCE ABUSE
- BUDGETS -see also- CAPITAL BUDGETS
- EDUCATION -see also- DRIVER ED; HIGHER ED; SPECIAL ED; etc
- PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- STATE AID
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):